If you haven’t heard of Fabletics, it’s time to check it out! Fabletics is an innovative membership-style fitness and lifestyle fashion brand which was created by the gorgeous and super-fit Kate Hudson. The brand is casual, chic, and affordable and whether you are an athlete or somebody who is just starting out, there’s something for your body type and your level of fitness.
You start online by creating a lifestyle profile by answering just a few quick questions. Then, each month you’ll find new outfits hand-selected just for you and your workouts. Finally, you just shop! You can buy the outfits you love or skip the month altogether. Complete outfits for VIP Members start at $49.95 and shipping is free. There are also coupons for Fabletics to get you started. For instance a new member exclusive coupon is available which allows you to get your first outfit at 50% (from $25), plus free shipping.
This clothing line is so perfect for us moms that we have gone through and matched up the best Fabletics gear with some of today’s most buzzed about exercises! Not only will this help you get on your way to being the healthiest Mommy in the neighborhood, but you will look and feel fantastic while your doing it!
If you are like most moms, running around after your kids is about all of the running you want to do, or have the time to do. Running is a great way to keep in shape and studies like one from Liverpool John Moores University have found that interval running might actually be more enjoyable than just regular ‘ol boring running. Interval sessions are comprised of some variation of short periods of time running at high intensity followed by short periods of active recovery low intensity running. Those are repeated over a certain number of times sandwiched between a warm up and a cool down. Why do they believe that it is more enjoyable? Probably because the division of the total run time into bite-sized chunks makes the exercise more engaging and less boring. Think about it. Do our kids ever jog around the playground? No! They are always in sprint-mode, so maybe they know something we don’t!
Sample Interval Schedule for Beginners
What to wear?
The Fabletics 3-piece Bond outfit. The tank is designed to let you move, while the sports bra offers the right amount of support. And the run short made of stretch performance fabric is perfect to show off those toned runner’s legs.
I have yet to meet a mom who loves the way her stomach looks after having children. And for some of us no amount of crunches are going to get our tummies in pre-baby shape. That is where the plank comes in. An article written by Andrew Read, a contributer to breakingmuscle.com and an Athletic Adventurer, reports that the best way to start learning abdominal stability is with the plank. This exercise engages all of the muscles of the spine which is stabilizing your core. Read recommends doing a regular plank until it becomes too easy and then move on from the simple plank to raise a hand or opposite foot while remaining stable. And when that gets too easy, you can move into a plank crawl. And then you are officially a planking goddess!
How to do a Simple Plank
- Lie on your stomach with arms bent, palms and forearms on the ground, fingers pointed forward, legs extended, and toes tucked under.
- Work your back and abs by contracting your core muscles and slowly lifting your entire torso off the floor, keeping palms, forearms, and toes on the ground.
- Avoid arching your lower back, hiking your hips upward, or shrugging your shoulders (in other words, cheating). Hold for 10 to 30 seconds, gradually building up to one minute.
What to Wear?
The Fabletics 3-piece Procession outfit. You don’t what anything hanging down or getting caught up during your master planking so this outfit is perfect with its sports bra, capri and flattering tank.
If you haven’t had a chance to embrace your inner ballerina, the ballet barre workout might be just what you need. This trendy new exercise style can be done at home or at any of the many studios popping up everywhere. Celebrities like Madonna, Kelly Ripa, and Natalie Portman are balle barre regulars and there is no doubt that these ballet-inspired routines and classes are a wonderful way for moms to lift, lengthen, and tone the entire body.
How to do a Ballet Barre Pliet Squat
- Start in second position, with your legs opened wide to the sides and your toes turned slightly outward. Placing your hands on your hips, bend your knees, going as low as you can. Make sure your shoulders remain directly over your hips and your back stays in a straight vertical line. Use the mirror to monitor your posture. Do make sure to keep your heels directly below your knees to avoid harming the joint.
- While holding second position, in a pulsing fashion lower and raise your hips one inch for 10 to 15 reps.
- Stay at your lowest point and reverse the emphasis of the pulse and begin to lift your hips up one inch in a very tiny range of motion for 10 to 15 reps.
What to Wear?
The Fabletics 3-piece Momentum outfit. This very versatile vibe tee is perfect for ballet. Style it with the legging for the smoothest silhouette and complete the look with a four-way stretch sports bra.
According to Reader’s Digest, an hour of the stroller workout could burn an impressive 372 to 444 calories. The reason? When you are pushing a stroller you usually have on average 35 lbs of resistance from the weight of the stroller and the weight of the child. Or, in some cases 60 lbs because you’re pushing two kiddos at one time! The results are amazing which is just one of the reasons stroller fitness chains are popping up all across the country.
How to do a Stroller Workout
- Start strolling: Warm up by walking at a comfortable pace for 5 minutes. Stop and do some easy stretching of the arm and leg muscles. Then run or walk for 5 to 10 minutes. When walking behind a stroller, remember to keep your shoulders down and back and your chest out. Abs should be tight and arms softly bent. Each of the following strength-training stations should be separated by 5 to 10 minutes of walking or jogging with the stroller. Aim to work up to three sets of 15 repetitions of each exercise.
- Lunges: Stand behind your stroller with your hands on the handlebar shoulder-width apart. Lunge forward with one leg, pushing the stroller out in front of you. Your knee should be directly above your ankle and your thigh parallel to the ground. Return to the standing position and lunge with the other leg.
- Squats: Stand behind your stroller with your hands on the handlebar shoulder-width apart. With your feet and knees forward, squat down as if sitting on a chair, keeping your weight in your heels and your knees directly above your ankles. (Be careful not to put weight on the stroller; you don’t want it to tip.) Squeeze your rear end and return to the starting position.
What to Wear?
The Fabletics 3-piece Plane outfit. If you’re out and about with your little ones comfort and versatility is key. You have that with this layered look including the capri, ultra-light top and super-breathable vest.
The first time I ever heard of Krav Maga was from Lucy, Gru’s love interest in Despicable Me 2. Who knew that this official self-defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces which simulates hand-to-hand combat would become all the rage. The intervals of kicks, body blocks and punches are mixed with rest sessions making this a functional workout that takes time to learn but it is worth the kick butt results.
Stepping Side Kick
- Pretend you have an assailant on your right
- Cross your left leg over your right
- Shift your weight to your right leg and twisting your hips a little, kick with your right heel
What to Wear?
The Fabletics 2-piece Inversion outfit. You can sweat in style with the six-pocket pant and wear the soft, seamless tank for ease in movement during your krav maga session.
This groundbreaking fusion of yoga and palates is described as a meeting place of East and West because it effectively merges the ancient Eastern practice of yoga with the core stabilizing, posture enhancing dynamics of the Western practice of palates. So what exactly happens in a yogalates class? It is usually comprised of no less than 40 poses – including back lifts, sternum lifts, leg circles, plus yoga standards like Downward-Facing Dog, Sun Salutation, and The Warrior – that can be used in any combination depending on the level of difficulty. The beauty of Yogalates is that you can focus on your problem areas, such as abdominals, lower body and upper body while also increasing stamina, and achieving a sense of calm and well-being.
Yogalates Move: The Hammock
- Sit tall with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor; place your hands on the floor behind you at about a 45-degree angle; lean back.
- Keeping your arms straight, inhale as you lift your hips until the front of your body – knees to shoulders – is in one straight line.
What to Wear?
The Fabletics 2-piece Flexion outfit. You’ll find the ease and flexibility you need during Yogalates with this sleek and slimming asymmetrical design tank and capri with fold over waist.
Sign Up for Rewards for Mom's Newsletter
Love this? Join our newsletter and get articles like this and more sent directly to your inbox… Convenient, huh? Sign up below: