Are you craving those awesome pudding packs at the last hour of the day? Don’t worry if you don’t feel like going out just to get hold of that single serving of pudding. We have a mouth-watering surprise for you that is really very easy to make – the 5-minute dark chocolate pudding!
The Magic of Dark Chocolate
Who doesn’t know there is sugar in it? After all, it’s dessert. However, its health benefits are worth looking at. Have a look below and see how this wonderful chocolate has something positive to present you:
- Dark chocolate is considered food because it helps lower high blood pressure. Though this is true, nutritionists suggest that you can balance those extra calories by consuming less of other eatables.
- Good news: It’s actually good for your heart! While improving blood flow, it prevents arteries from hardening.
- Dark chocolate is full of various nutrients and vitamins such as, copper, potassium, iron, and magnesium. So, if your health specialist has suggested you to increase the intake of vitamins, you have a yummy option that will also delight your taste buds, i.e. a home-made dark chocolate pudding!
Though this pudding is quite similar to the traditionally-made regular custard, the main difference between the two is the addition of an ingredient, i.e. corn starch. Since puddings have thicker texture, we will be using corn starch in our dark chocolate pudding recipe. Try this recipe and see how the final look of your pudding looks like after getting that glossy sheen from corn starch. Taste it and you will love it!
Makes 2.5 to 3 cups
What You Need:
- 2% milk: 1 ¾ cups
- 10% cream: ½ cup
- Granulated sugar: 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon (divided)
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened): 3 tablespoons
- Egg: 1 (large)
- Corn starch: 2.5 tablespoons
- Bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped): 4 oz
- Take a saucepan and combine cream, milk, cocoa powder, and 1/3 cup sugar. Beat these ingredients vigorously till the mixture contains no lumps at all.
- Now, heat this milk mixture just before you can see it simmering. Remove this from heat as soon as you see the steam forming at its surface.
- Take a medium-sized bowl, and combine egg, salt, sugar, and vanilla extract in it. Sift corn starch in it. Whisk vigorously till you see its smooth egg mixture.
- Now, pour the milk mixture in it while whisking the entire egg mixture constantly. Pour everything back into the pan and boil it over medium to low heat. Once it starts boiling, boil it for three solid minutes while whisking constantly.
- Now, remove this from heat, and add chopped pieces of bittersweet chocolate into the mixture. Whisk the chocolate till it is completely melted within the mixture.
- Pour this dark chocolate mixture into another bowl, and cover it with a plastic wrap.
The yummylicious dark chocolate pudding is ready! Refrigerate it for about 3 hours, serve it nicely, and enjoy.
Sign Up for Rewards for Mom's Newsletter
Love this? Join our newsletter and get articles like this and more sent directly to your inbox… Convenient, huh? Sign up below: