Rewards for Mom was started in October of 2012 as an expansion of FreshSpace Media, an offline advertising agency with a reach of 30 million households per month. FreshSpace places ads on milk cartons and other packaged goods. Rewards for Mom is the online destination for FreshSpace’s 30 million households. We do monthly lunches, catered meals, and happy hours to keep things fun and fresh.
Our focus at Rewards for Mom is to create the next generation digital publication. We like to think of ourselves as the Buzzfeed for Moms. Our goal is to make the lives of our Mom better, by covering humor, DIY, crafts, freebies, coupons, and more.
Do you believe that WordPress is the easiest, most flexible platform on the web? Do you believe in working for a company that makes your thoughts and ideas a reality from day one?
We’re looking for an experienced WordPress developer to join our team to help us expand our existing platform and work on building out additional functionality. The ideal candidate will have created a plugin or has an existing WordPress property that they have started or built as part of a team.
You will be working with the company’s President, and lead developer along with the editorial team to work as we grow the company together.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experiences and qualities:
· Strong WordPress developer with experience building themes and plugins
· Extensive experience templating for WordPress
· Expertise in HTML, CSS, and cross‐browser layout issues
· Expertise with Foundation / Bootstrap framework
· Experience with version control (DCVS such as Git or Mercurial ideal)
· Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MySQL and Oracle
· Hands-on experience with agile development practices (such as but not limited to Scrum) desirable
· Experience building responsive and mobile experiences a plus